Intel vs. AMD (just a question)

Status
Not open for further replies.

gojomoso

Beta member
no i dont want a discussion of which is better, i am writing a persuasive paper for school and i wanted to do it on intel vs AMD processors. Could you post articals that range from discussions to spec information to quotes, all would help. Thanks
(btw i wasnt sure where to post this)

1. AMD vs Intel is different to every person. I can show you places that praise AMD and some that hate them to h***. It is a never ending debate. Change your paper subject.

2. We do not do your homework for you. Google is your friend.

1. AMD vs Intel is different to every person. I can show you places that praise AMD and some that hate them to h***. It is a never ending debate. Change your paper subject.

Why? A topic with large following on both sides is a good one to write a paper on. Controversial issues and such. Also it's easy to find info on, because it's a popular subject and topic of debate.

OP, I'd check out the wiki pages for Intel and AMD to get some back history on both companies. Wiki also lists cpu architectures and timelines, etc.

Alright here is how this will go. We will give you information and help provide you with background and our preferences. But as soon as people start bashing others opinions on why their choice stinks, this thread will be closed. This is for informational purposes only and there is nothing wrong with providing information. An open ended topic like this there is no way to provide a correct answer as it is a personal preference. There is no clear cut winner. But as soon as i see people getting attacked for their opinion, i will stop this thread.

One other thing is to seriously consider a price/performance ratio, one company could always make the best ultra high end chips, but another company may make middle end chips cheaper than another companies middle end chips and still have the same performance.

As a teacher I would warn you to be careful when citing Wiki (if you haven't already heard this a million times before). I can honestly say I use it all the time for quick research, but do not recommend citing it as many professors/teachers STILL do not consider it a creditable source as a result of their early years 'anybody can edit this site' policy.

I too think this is a great subject for a paper and would even go so far as to say please post your findings when you are done so we can learn from all your research.

Happy Hunting!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom