Mouse problem in Starcraft II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Skiller.

In Runtime
I'm not sure how many are familiar with Starcraft II, but I occaisionally have an issue with the drag scrolling feature. I also posted a thread on gamereplays.org.

I've explained most of it there with pictures. I don't know if this is hardware, or software related. I'm guessing it's software related because most of the time, it works as intended.

Basically, when I press the center mouse button, sometimes the cursor jumps to another location rather than disappearing. It makes it hard when I release the button because it jumps back to where it was initially.

Any advice would be appreciated.

I have a Razer Abyssus mouse and I have the latest driver from Razer (v2.00).

I used this mouse on my laptop and I don't believe I had an issue with it on that.

Thanks!

I removed your link to gamereplays. If you want help here you need to post the information here, not gamereplays. Why should we have to skip around the internet to help you.

Sorry, I just didn't feel like re-writing and linking to the pictures again.

I think the problem was related to my GPU overclock being too high. Is it possible for an overclock to show unstable after several months..??

Well, it's not related to that. It happened again today. I will post all the details shortly. Sorry for initially linking elsewhere.

Hi and thanks for the help in advance. There are times when my mouse cursor jumps around when using the center mouse button to scroll. It's very frustrating. I don't know if this is a SC issue, or an issue with my PC, but restarting the game solves the issue. It happens if I have the game open for a couple of hours. Does anyone have experience with this, or know why this happens?

Drag Scroll is what I am referring to. When all is well and I press the center mouse button, the cursor disappears and allows me to scroll. When it's not working properly, I can still scroll, but the cursor does not disappear. Instead, it jumps off center a bit and when I release the button, it goes back to where it started. Not sure if that makes any sense, but it's very frustrating...

This picture shows where the cursor is initially (prior to pressing the center mouse button).

screenshot2011030901081.jpg

This picture shows where the cursor jumps to after I press the center mouse button (without moving the mouse at all).
When I release the button, the cursor goes back to where it was in picture 1. This can be very annoying when I am trying to micro units on the screen.

screenshot2011030901081.jpg

Under normal conditions, the cursor disappears while scrolling. When I press the mouse button, the cursor disappears and when I release, the cursor re-appears right where it was before I pressed the middle mouse button. When I am having the problem, it does not disappear and actually jumps about an inch on the screen. I am very confused with this problem. It's frustrating because it forces me to play 1 game with the abnormal scrolling until I am able restart the game...

Thanks to everyone in advance for assistance. Please let me know if anything is unclear.

I tried switching usb slots for now...That didn't help. I would die to know what is causing this...If it happened all the time, I would blame the mouse, but it's so intermittent.

It could be your CPU overclock stressing the timing between the PCH Controller and the USB Controller or it could be just a USB Controller problem, or it could be a mouse issue.

I would raise the PCH Voltage a little and see if that helps. If that doesn't work I would try lowering the overclock. After that I would try a new Razer Mouse Driver and then a new mouse.

Thanks very much for the reply!! I will try all of those things. It seems that Razer just released a new driver for the Abyssus today.

Another thing to mention...When the problem occurs, it's at the very beginning of the game, and it's present until I restart SC2. It won't be working fine during a game and then all of the sudden start working improperly.

It's very hard to explain. Thanks much though, Slay.

Another issue (excuse me if I should have made another topic) - if my FPS randomly drops from like ~100 to ~35 and stays there until I restart the game, is that because my GPU OC is too high? It did that occasionally until I dropped my OC from 880/1050 to 850/1025.

Thanks again...

Edit: I raised the PCH Voltage from Auto to 1.07.

Another issue (excuse me if I should have made another topic) - if my FPS randomly drops from like ~100 to ~35 and stays there until I restart the game, is that because my GPU OC is too high? It did that occasionally until I dropped my OC from 880/1050 to 850/1025.

The video card is probably getting to hot at that overclocked speed. When it gets hot it will slow down to cool off.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom