Black Screen Freezing. Hard Reset required.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GreyDead

Solid State Member
To make it somewhat short. This problem used to happen when I first started playing Starcraft 2. When I would be playing the screen would cut out to blackness, and the music/sound effects would either be lagged or scratchy, or just playing the music just fine. The screen was still black, while I tried Ctrl + Alt + Delete and just trying to get the computer into sleep mode. The only thing that works is a hard reset/power down.

Now this was only for games at first but now it's starting with regular apps when I start them up. Now apps only crash on start up, games can go from 1 minute to hours before crashing.

I seriously thing my graphics card is artifacting, since this is a laptop X305-701 Qosimo Toshiba.

I also tried to take out the battery, with just the power supply plugged in, and without the power cord with just the battery. I'll give you as much detail as you need. Thanks!

Here you go.

cpuidp.png

http://img141.imageshack.us/i/cpuidp.png/

I forgot to mention that this crashing can happen from just booting up my computer after hours of inactivity, going straight on the game that makes it crash and BAM crashes.

It sounds like a overheating issue to me. But the big problem is that its a Laptop. I suggest tearing it apart, cleaning it and replacing the cooling fans. If you can't do this yourself then you should take it to a service center or buy a new Laptop.

The monitor has been randomly shutting off when ever I either pop up MSN, or when someone talks to me. So it's becoming more prominent. I took it apart the other day and cleaned it completely out, didn't do anything. There is no big apps I'm running in the background, and my computer it doesn't seem like it's overheating. CPU never maxs past 60 C, and Graphics card doesn't go past 70 C.

does it shut off or do you just lose the screen?

it sounds like it could be something as minor as a bad cable from the motherboard to the screen, but I'd be more confident saying that you've got a greater problem and it's something wrong with the GPU, motherboard or hard drive.

And MoM it doesn't sound like it'd be a windows problem because it's affecting the screen, all though it's a lot easier to do a reinstall before trying to pin down specific faulty components.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom