Review of my system and suggestions requested

Status
Not open for further replies.

xxmorpheus

Beta member
Hello guys! I am new to this forum. I would like to post my newest rig purchase specs here. Can you guys grade it from 1-10 for me, 1 being the worst and 10 being the best. Thanks for you input in advance!

AMD 64 CPU AM3 : AMD Phenom II X6 1075T 3.0GHz (Six Core) 45nm, AM3 6MB Cache (all cores unlocked OC to 3.1 GHZ)

AMD 64 CPU Fans : AMD Black Edition Copper HeatPipe EXTRA QUIET fan

AMD 64 AM3 Motherboards : ASUS M4A89GTD PRO,890GX,onboard video,HDMI,Cross Fire, SATA3, USB 3.0, iEEE

DDR3 Dual Channel memory : 16GB (4x4GB) PC10600 DDR3 1333 Dual Channel (micron)

PCI-Express Video cards : ATI CrossFire Radeon 6950 (XFX) 2GB x2 (2 cards)

Hard Drives : 1000.0GB Western Digital Black 7200RPM SATA 3 6.0Gb/s 64m cache 1001 FAEX

Hard Drive Fans : Hard Drive Cooling Fan Aluminum Internal

DVD Recorders : LG Blu-ray Reader, 16x LightScribe DVD Recorder SATA combo drive

Sound Cards : Realtek HD digital audio (onboard)

Network Cards : Wireless 802.11 N 300MBs Network Card PCI

Cases : Thermaltake V9 Black Edition , 230mm side fan, front USB 3.0

Case Fans : Dual Case Fans 80 mm DC fan (two fans)

Power Supply : Corsair 750W ultra quiet ATX Power Supply, SLI & X-fire ready

Keyboards : Razer Backlit keyboard, razer backlit mouse and mousepad.

Operating Systems : Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit DVD

Display: 46" Samsung Un46C8000 3D LED HDTV, HDMI 1.4 1080p 240HZ refresh rate.

This setup has run me about 4400.00. Thanks! :lol:

Also, if anyone can direct me to a dummies guide on flashing the bios of the 6950 to the 6970 that would be fantastic!

1) I just got done watching The Matrix #2... :)
2)What will this PC be used for because 16gb of RAM is kind of an overkill. 8gb is already more than enough.
3) I'd get 1 GTX 580 or AMD 6990 rather than 2 gpu's ...less heat, better performance.

Good suggestions, this rig will be used for gaming and some video editing. I know the 16gb of ram is alot, but I got 16gb for the price of 8. Looked up a 6990 and its at least 900 bucks. Very expensive, considering Ive spent 4400+ dollars already..

Well you should consider the GTX 580 then, it's only $500
Also, have you considered an Intel build? Look at their Sandy Bridge processors, probably the 2600k
Also a SSD would be good too, probably 90 - 120 gb. Look at OCZ drives

(Question, where are you buying these from?)

Im definitely looking at an ssd drive. Would a 64gb suffice for windows

newegg.com

the pc was built by magicmicro.com

You'll want your programs on there too. 60 gb is not enough; I have a 60gb ssd and I have windows, cod black ops, microsoft office, and a few other programs on there and it's already full almost...I'd get 90gb, just to be safe.

if you went intel and did a sandy bridge setup you'll get better performance. The 580 is a good card, i'd go with that if it's in your budget. The psu is fine, corsair makes very high quality units, so no complaints there.

with the ram did you already buy it? if you're spending that much on a rig you might as well get some nice speedy ram, and the 16gb is pretty overkill. with video rendering it's more cpu based than anything, ram is necessary up to a point, most likely 8gb is a good amount to have, and plus if you notice that with 8gb things aren't fast enough you could just add another 8gb.

also if you're spending a bunch of money get a good SSD, Newegg.com - OCZ Vertex 2 OCZSSD3-2VTX120G 3.5" 120GB SATA II MLC Internal Solid State Drive (SSD)

for 170 after MIR a 120gb ssd of that quality can't be beat.

is the tower mid or full size? i wonder if all that will fit into a midsize.

and just wondering how much are u spending on the CPU cooler? or is there a link to it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom