Easy Cooling

Status
Not open for further replies.
if you have a hose like him I'd suggest using some sort of Air Filter so as to not bring stuff including dampness into your computer.

Nubius is right for using some type of filter,i used a pair of old pantyhose for the end so it dont suck in any debris,and i'm planning on using a furnace filter to trap moisture and that about half way down in the tube.

I think that's a good idea. And if you stuck the pipe outside of your window facing towards the ground, you would lower the risk of water entering your computer seeing as rain falls, but then again, there's always water vapor. I think a filter at the end of the hose should do it though. I want to try that. Would adding more hoses to more fans make your PC even cooler? I'm thinking it will but I'm not sure.

-Dan The Man

the only problem for me is that it is too cold most of time where I live. when you suck in -50f air the warm are like to condence near the fan. then you get water running down the side of the case... not a good thing. I have been playing with the idea of pulling cold air in from the outside and directing it on the water cooler I use now. Bu then I would need to move the Radiator out of my case too...
I like what you have done. Very nice...

ROFLMAO I just thought... what if a bird found your computer to be a suitable home?

Yup it often gets to around -20F here in Chi-town winters. But -50!!!! You do live in AK though.

Chi-town winters
If my friend was here he'd be all up in my face with 'Chi-town' cause that's where he's from and actually moving back there this december or january. I actuall am considering moving out there around may or so. Worthless post I know but..ummm.....yeah I got nothing better to do? :D

Nubius said:
If my friend was here he'd be all up in my face with 'Chi-town' cause that's where he's from and actually moving back there this december or january. I actuall am considering moving out there around may or so. Worthless post I know but..ummm.....yeah I got nothing better to do? :D

ah chi-town is so weird...it's like 100 in the summer and -100 in the winter...WTF is wrong with this city! (I love it tho)

HAHA! Well the temperatures in North Carolina fluctuate so much from year to year it's not even funny! One winter, the average temperature could be 50 degrees and then the next winter, temperatures could average below freezing!

-Dan The Man

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom