$600 Budget Build for Friend - Suggestions...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Guttzu

In Runtime
Hello all! I haven't been on here in awhile but my roommate is wanting me to build him a computer. He plans to use it to watch blue-rays and general internet browsing. The main thing is he wants to hook it up to his 37" 780P LCD TV. This build is just for the tower because he already has a mouse and keyboard.

***Suggestions***
Case: I have a case that will fit a Micro-ATX MB. Should I use this or upgrade to a mid-tower? The case that I have looks like a gamer cube with 1 80mm intake and 1 120mm exhaust fan. Ideas?
MB:
CPU: I'm thinking AMD for this budget...
HDD:
Video Card:
RAM:
Optical Drive: Has to play Blue-Rays
Operating System: Windows 7 cheap
CPU Heatsink:
Fans if needed:

I think this is everything... thanks to all who post a build! Thank you for suggestions!

I would get i3 2100 instead of i3 2120
Newegg.com - Intel Core i3-2100 Sandy Bridge 3.1GHz 2 x 256KB L2 Cache 3MB L3 Cache LGA 1155 65W Dual-Core Desktop Processor BX80623I32100

SB GPU can play HD videos without problem, and in video transcoding it is faster than any other GPU because of the Quick Sync technology that sandybridge GPU use

You can read more about Quick Sync from here
The Sandy Bridge Review: Intel Core i7-2600K, i5-2500K and Core i3-2100 Tested - AnandTech :: Your Source for Hardware Analysis and News

Thanks for the builds guys! Night Fox - That MB is out of stock... any other suggestions or does newegg have a good restock on those?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom