Dell Dimension E310 Graphics Card Dilema

Status
Not open for further replies.

ReDRuM1187

Beta member
Hello, brand new to this site but i figured the only way to get solid information before purchasing the wrong card is to consult with a panel of enthused techs. i have a Dell Dimension E310, i upgraded the memory to 2GB about 6 months ago and that helped a bit for gaming, but the new games that are coming out are requiring more and more graphics quality and video memory and such. i was looking for any information regarding upgrading my video card WITHOUT having to upgrade my PSU. my current one is from what i can tell 230w, standard for a E310, and i believe i have a PCI slot but im not completely sure. any information is greatly appreciated.

Side Note: i do know its considered a waste of time and money to upgrade this computer but its cheaper then buying a new setup. this is just to get by till i can afford a new one. also i took a pic of the slots in my unit so you guys can see what im working with.

34gr1n6.jpg

You could try one of ati's x1300's, i just bought one off ebay for like $27 and it works fine with the 300w psu in an old dell dimension 2400 i had lying around, so far i've only played counter strike on it but for only having 512mb of system memory it did pretty good.

Yea I have the same computer, I've had it since 2006 and its really starting to bug me. I upgraded the ram and graphics card in 2008 but it still lags way to much on games. Thats why im building a new one in a week or two! :) I recommend doing the same, because this computer won't go much further with games.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom