Need a mobo that will give 0 problems with 24GB RAM pref at 1600Mhz

Status
Not open for further replies.

mikel833

Beta member
Hi,

I am building a computer that will be used for both audio production with a DAW and huge sample libraries as well as gaming.

have around $2200 for this build and my main priority is that I have the best performance possible (power distribution, etc.), and that it doesn't have any issues supporting 24GB (which most claim, but give issues ex: Asus Sabertooth). I would also like it to support that RAM overclocked to 1600Mhz.

I'm likely putting in an i7 960 as well as a GTX 570 SC. I may also watercool the CPU and OC it.

So any opinions on a MOBO are appreciated, thanks!

-Mike

If I were you, I'd get Sandy Bridge 2600k...much better than first generation core i processors. Although, you'd have to wait a while for the motherboards to be back on shelf. (Socket 1155)

If I were you, I'd get Sandy Bridge 2600k...much better than first generation core i processors. Although, you'd have to wait a while for the motherboards to be back on shelf. (Socket 1155)

He's only after a mobo, not for upgrading the CPU (though that is a good recommendation, admittedly).

If you upgrade the CPU, pretty much all 1155 mobos support 32GB RAM at least.

24GB of ram @ 1600 MHz. The problem your most likely to encounter is with the Memory Controller, which is built into the cpu.

I would go with a motherboard from EVGA or Asus.

I am now very much considering the i7 1600k. Where would the Asus P8p67 Deluxe fit in with the Maximus and UD7?

personally i'd say that it would go UD7, Maximus, then the deluxe. but it depends on what you're looking for it to do. The maximus is the best overclocker of the bunch i believe, but the ud7 has better stability options and onboard options. the deluxe is a nice board, but lacks the options and capabilities of the other two. One advantage of the asus boards over the ud7 is it uses EUFI rather than a BIOS which is pretty nice.

personally i'd say that it would go UD7, Maximus, then the deluxe. but it depends on what you're looking for it to do. The maximus is the best overclocker of the bunch i believe, but the ud7 has better stability options and onboard options. the deluxe is a nice board, but lacks the options and capabilities of the other two. One advantage of the asus boards over the ud7 is it uses EUFI rather than a BIOS which is pretty nice.

Well I'm using it with Cubase 64bit and a big sample library.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom