Want to buy a new laptop whasgood?

Status
Not open for further replies.

pc_boy

Daemon Poster
I need something pro and light and for a decent price. I'm gonna be running software like Solidworks and MATLAB and some CFD programs, so I like i5 or some good processor.

I found this one, Samsung Q430. Looks pretty nice, can pick it up for ~650 on ebay. Anyone had/has it?
How bout this one? http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16834157408
Does HP still have bad rep for reliability? My last trash was HP and it broke.

I don't want to go much more than about $700. My only problem is that I want a reliable rig, my last laptop broke after not even 2 years. Plus this will be hauled around to a lot of places, so it better be tough (good mobo etc.)

Anyone got good suggestions?

The cheap HP's have something like a 25% failure rate within 3 years of a laptop's lifespan. The pricier ones get better but overall, still not very reliable. I try to get everyone to avoid HP.

Eh, that has the exact same specs as the samsung except its i3... and same price.

How is samsung with reliability?

Samsungs are new to the USA as they actually were an OEM for Dell and manufactured some of the Dell models. Samsung and Dell did have a non-compete deal in the USA that kept Samsung from selling their laptops in the USA until recently. LG and Lenova also had a non-competitive agreement. Not sure if that one is still going but it may be since i don't see too many LG laptops in the USA. Samsung laptops seem tgo be getting good ratings in the USA now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom