HP 6715b will not take AC power

Status
Not open for further replies.

andy woggle

Solid State Member
Hello all. On an HP 6715b, from out of nowhere, it has refused to start accepting AC power at all..It still works fine on battery, so its not that or the memory/mobo, and it isnt the power supply as I have both checked it on another system and run a multimeter over it..

It hasnt been dropped or moved either. Could the connection from AC to the mobo burn out??Or how simple is it to remove the power socket and replace it, if indeed it is this??

Please help, the battery is down to 10 percent now!!!

I look forward to your reply...

Andy W

I would think you need to fix or a new AC power. There's nothing wrong with you computer at all. It's somewhere between the power connector on your laptop to the AC power brick.

I would think you need to fix or a new AC power. There's nothing wrong with you computer at all. It's somewhere between the power connector on your laptop to the AC power brick.

Sorry.I'm a little confused. I have checked the power supply on another system and it worked fine. Do you mean a new power socket onto the motherboard or a new ac adapter??

How simple is this to change on an HP 6715b??

Ta

Andy

Yes he means the actual connector on the motherboard. It is easily disconnected from the motherboard with a lot of use and once disconnected won't allow the laptop to charge up.

If you know computers and have a free weekend you could do it. It will require you to take the entire laptop apart, desolder the connections on the power adapter (the one on the motherboard), clean it or replace it, then solder it back in place.

There are tons of tutorials online.

Yes he means the actual connector on the motherboard. It is easily disconnected from the motherboard with a lot of use and once disconnected won't allow the laptop to charge up.

If you know computers and have a free weekend you could do it. It will require you to take the entire laptop apart, desolder the connections on the power adapter (the one on the motherboard), clean it or replace it, then solder it back in place.

I do know computers, but that wasn't the answer I was hoping for :sick:

I had to change the fan on my other lappy, and pretty much had to remove everything to get to it...Grrrr....

Ah well...

Thanks loads for ya help

Andy

Hmmm...Connections to the motherboard look fine, and are fine with continuity testing....Confused...

Andy

Hi!
I have exactly the same problem with my HP 6715b. Did you solve your problem?

I already tried them, nothing works. I took it to a repair service, they said it was some chip on the motherboard that malfunctioned. The man I bought the machine from said it worked fine on battery power. Unfortunately I do not have battery with it. Is it possible to power it through the battery terminals?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom