Hey guys! 2 builds for your reviewing pleasure ^_^

Status
Not open for further replies.
The 6870 performs slightly slower than the 5870 but is more efficient on power, which would probably lead to less heat in your case when you are running sli.

u mean crossfire. and i'd purchace a 6850 since thats waht i desire, but i have the 5850. the 5850 isn't bad but its just going to get sacked earlier than i would like... so just get the 6850, saves energy too like New.Puree said (efficient).

Go with an ASUS board. They are already shipping the updated boards according to their Twitter feed on 24 Feb.

i tried telling her that, but she found this MSI board... what do you think?

(p.s. hi trotter ^_^ lub you! )

alright... how about this: I think we've got the final list together ^_^

are there any details I've overlooked?

Newegg.com - Once You Know, You Newegg

thanks again for all your guys' help! ^_^ *HUG*!!!!!

That motherboard is H67. You want P67. H67 is for using integrated graphics, which you don't want/need; you already have a graphics card...no use in using Intel's graphics. Newegg.com - MSI P67A-GD65 (B3) LGA 1155 Intel P67 SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX Intel Motherboard Sadly, all P67's are sold out on newegg. :(

SSD? This will greatly lower boot time of windows + programs. Newegg.com - OCZ Vertex 2 OCZSSD3-2VTX90G 3.5" 90GB SATA II MLC Internal Solid State Drive (SSD) I prefer OCZ...but if you wanted a 6gb/s drive, Newegg.com - Crucial RealSSD C300 CTFDDAC128MAG-1G1 2.5" 128GB SATA III MLC Internal Solid State Drive (SSD) Notice: The read speeds of Crucial's drive is higher, but the write speed is lower.

Higher Performance memory? Newegg.com - G.SKILL Ripjaws X Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1333 (PC3 10666) Desktop Memory Model F3-10666CL7D-8GBXH Faster timings - better for gaming, only $5 more. (No doubt someone's gonna say overclock the standard version. :) But I thought i'd present the option to you.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom