BIOS issue?

Status
Not open for further replies.

KJamesJR

In Runtime
Had this weird issue. So far it's popped up three times in the past three weeks. I'll reboot or turn on my PC, everything kicks on, the fans sound like they're cranking (which isn't normal) and nothing will post. The reset button wont work. I have to hold the power button down for shut down.

It's happened twice by itself. The only ever time it's done this was when I tried using the core unlocker, which is pointless for my CPU anyways. I'm thinking it may be a BIOS issue... After it's had it's little fit, all the gadgets get reset on my desktop. I highly doubt it's hardware. When my motherboard was faulty I tested everything before getting the mobo replaced (with the same model).

My Specs:

Phenom II x4 3.4
ASUS M4A785TD-M EVO
Western Digital Caviar Black 750GB
HIS Radeon HD 5770
G.SKILL Sniper 8GB (2 x 4GB)
OZC ModXStream Pro 600W PSU
Windows 7 Ultimate

Sorry for bringing up an old thread, I forgot about it.

Actually there is no BSOD issue, and the little issued just happened again as I was trying to bring my PC out of sleep mode.

The computer was in sleep mode, so I just hit the space bar to wake it up. Well I could hear everything start up inside the PC but nothing posted... So again, I had to shut down the PC via holding the power button. This time is came up running a scan disk... Well, there were no bad sectors, just lost the programs I was working on.

I tired downloading the current BIOS update but it came in a .ROM file which is pointless.

A .ROM file is exactly what it should be.

Look at page 2-3 in your motherboard users manual, the section is called Asus EZ Flash 2 Utility. You need to remember the location of the .ROM file.

This doesn't make any sense. Did you read your manual, the section about the Asus EZ Flash 2 Utility?

No... I seem to have misplaced *coughthrownawaycough* the manual. So I haven't done anything differently. Still though, my PC just doesn't seem to like coming out of hibernation mode. Could this really be a BIOS issue? Or do you think it's something a bit more deep seeded?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom