Computer running slow

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mario Eats BK

Baseband Member
Hey guys,
so I have a major problem that is frustrating me and it's just gotten too far. The thing is that my computer is running extremely slow. I did a test and just to open up Word 2007, it took about 1 minute and 15 sec. So I'm really getting frustrated and it has been like for about 5 days. So please any suggestion would help me out. by the way the computer really SLOW!!

My specs are in my profile :)

oh ok sorry, well i have windows 7, AVAST anti-virus( scanned and no virus detected). I deleted some big files that i dont need but still same thing. I remember that all of this started when i started rendering some vids i made in after effects, after that..PLOOP!

Try Malwarebytes. A scandisk won't hurt.

Also, go to Run (Windows key + R), type in msconfig and enter. Go to the startup tab. Anything in there that you don't recognize from the description, or any programs you don't need, uncheck them. You can always check it back if you ever need it. Most updaters, you do not need.

download ccleaner and run that. is your CPU overclocked at all? do you notice any slow down in gaming performance, or is it just opening programs?

yeah its just when opening programs, im thinking it might be my RAM. oh well, I'll try your suggestions. Thanks guys, I really appreciate it. Oh and no its not overclocked, but tried before, didn't see much a difference.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom