Painting the Cd drive?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fefner

Baseband Member
Im gonna mod my Pc case this saturday or something.. It will be sweet n what not but it wont match that front hardware (cd drive, Dvd drive etc.). would it be safe to spray paint em or wouldnt it?

?_?

I would recommend using face plates. It will turn out much cleaner.

I used a brush to paint mine and you can still see brushmarks(i regret it) Then I went over the buttons with glow in the dark paint.

I painted the drives without taking the faceplates off but if you want to spray paint them then I suggest you take the faceplates off. All you have to do is look around the front for tabs that'll pop out of the plate. Stick a flathead screwdriver in it and pop it out. Theres about 6 of them I think.

Can I suggest a color? At any car supply store there is a set of spray paint you can get that is 3 cans one a base one the color and one a gloss coat. The color of the paint actually changes if you look at it in different angles. Kind of like a Chameleon. I think your case and drives would look pretty sweet with that color. I think I'm going to buy some myself. I'll try to find a link.

BTW Whats with the double posting?

Hmmm... Alright thanks
I'm not sure if it was an accident or what, but you gotta wait longer than 12 mins for a reply lol unless you somehow new ag3 replied to it....

you should check out www.casemodgod.com they have a lot of cool and useful info

Yeah but how did he say thanks a minute before your post? :confused: Psychics among TF!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom