Post-New build review and questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

bonoz

In Runtime
I recently made major upgrades to my existing machine. It's almost like a new build. However, I do have some questions about how I've done somethings and laid them out.

1) Speaker placement. For a 7.1 surround system, is the front center speaker too high?

2) As far as cable management goes, have I done an 'ok' job within my PC?

3) What about cables outside the PC? I didn't bother managing these cables too much because I am going to dump them and hide them in the corner with my PC case.

4) Is it okay to 'Daisy Chain' two external hard drive adapters like so and have it go into a surge protector? Is it really dangerous? The adapters are designed really badly. They take up 3 spots each. That's why I wanted to do it this way.

Thanks for your help

Yes, your speaker is too high from the looks of it. You should have it at about ear height, depending on the angle of the speakers.

The case wires is okay, but I think you can do better.

I think you should organize your nest of wires, it will look better plus less of a fire hazard.

I think you are alright with the daisy chain adaptors.. they don't use too much power so it shouldn't get too hot for the plug.

Well for one thing , you really need to organise those wires before you set something on fire :p
And in my opnion that speaker is indeed to high

Well for one thing , you really need to organise those wires before you set something on fire :p
And in my opnion that speaker is indeed to high

Can you advise me on the wires? How can I improve their organization?

Also, where should I put that speaker then? Because ear level comes out to be right where the monitor is.

Your PC Case isn't perfect, but I've seen worse. :p

For the cables on the back of your case, get some fabric velcro ties. Put one about every 12" as far as you can. It will look neater.

For the power surges, group all cables from each one. Might have to disconnect them to do so. Use velcro ties again, every 12" until they split, which should be pretty close to desk level.

Your PC Case isn't perfect, but I've seen worse. :p

For the cables on the back of your case, get some fabric velcro ties. Put one about every 12" as far as you can. It will look neater.

For the power surges, group all cables from each one. Might have to disconnect them to do so. Use velcro ties again, every 12" until they split, which should be pretty close to desk level.

Cool thanks. And while you're at it, any ideas where the front center speaker should go?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom