Brain teaser. Irritated.

Status
Not open for further replies.

uneek26105

Solid State Member
OK guys I have a gigabyte 880gm-ud2h with ati radeon hd 4250 graphics. I'm trying to connect it to my philips model 47pfl6704d/f7 tv. I can see the desktop in safe mode fine but when I boot in regular mode the tv loses signal after the loading screen(win 7 64 bit). I have tried adjusting the res, installing new drivers,basically everything i could google. Could someone PLEASE give me a detailed guide on how to use my tv as a second monitor or a monitor period. windows and ati dont even detect it as a display. I need bios info and detailed walkthrough of how to set this up. Please. And thanks in advance to anyone who takes the time to possibly figure this out. I know I've spent countless hours trying.:umm:
ps i wanna use the hdmi port on the board.

Update, so I spent like 3 hrs on the phone with gigabyte support trying everything to get my tv hooked up to this board and finally he suggested there was something wrong with the onboard graphics. But then I restarted my comp and here's what I don't get windows detects both displays when the tv is off but as soon as I turn the tv on it loses it?

Exactly the same problem here, same motherboard, similar TV (Philips 32PFL6605/D77).
Did you find a solution ? I`ve tried everything.
Please let me know.
Thanks.

Fernando.

try hooking another computer to the TV, if that doesn't work it might be the TV. funny thing is i try hooking my father in law TV to his Philips TV and couldn't so i just gave up.

Check the default refresh rate that the graphics is detecting/using. I had this problem on similar graphics.

HELP-1.png

try hooking another computer to the TV, if that doesn't work it might be the TV. funny thing is i try hooking my father in law TV to his Philips TV and couldn't so i just gave up.

Thanks for answering. This same computer on XP handles the TV and my monitor without problem. Weird

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom