Performance improvment help.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well I appreciate that. Would I be able to play said games on max graphics? And as technology advances would I be able to upgrade that combo without too many problems? Also, I hear a lot of good reviews on the Phenom II. Is it all hype or is there truth behind those reviews? Thank you.

No, games are very dependant on the video card. While being a pci card will hurt performance, a 4650 is a "budget" card, so it won't do the greatest.

The cpu will run games decently, as will the other components. Your old harddrive will be a bit slow though too.

On the upgrade path, AMD has been running that chip style awhile, while there is no current indication of major changes coming, you can't really be sure. NOW that said, gthe cpu in the combo is the near top for a dual core cpu... After the dual cores zare quad and hex cores. More cores allows more power basically. The mobo is pretty good, I run the intel version of it, and can have any current AMD cpu put into it, lots of hard drives, including the nhewest, sata 6Gig, and every current and up coming video cards.

The power supply is a 500W quality power supply, so it won't power the baddest card, but will be enough for all but 4 or 5 currently on the market.

The only thing I would change would be to get a quad core... Newer games are running more cpu activity but the dual core still work fine.

The phenom chip are good chips. Intel beats them pretty good, but intel costs a bunch more. So the phenon are greagt performance vs cost chips... I like to say 90% performance at 70% the cost.

Its alot to digest I'm betting, but 5yrs ago I was right where you are today. I new i wanted a new computer, didn't know much so I posted up a system I had found, and asked what the forum thought.

So i know you got questions, so ask away........ Thats why we all are here.

Does the Newegg combo come with a cooling fan? If not, how much would a decent fan cost, or could I salvage my current cooling fan? I do not know the exact model but I do know that it is an ASUS. And since my card is deemed unreliable, what would be a better choice. I tend to have better luck with ATI products rather than Nvidia. I do not know if my current version of Windows interferes with the acceleration of Nvidia, but I use to own a GeForce 8400 and it was a hassle from the installation of the drivers all the way until the fan on the card burt up.. Is there any explanation for that? Finally, if I were to purchase the Newegg combo, could you please let me in on everything I would need to know about it and what all I would need to buy for it?

Which cooling fan? If you mean on the cpu, then yes it does.

Actually ATI is the cost effective card... Your card isn't unreliable, its just a entry level card. Not sure why the 8400 was a pain... I've not had problems with my 4 nvidia cards.... Probably crappy luck. The motherboard has a video card built in too.

Not sure what you'd like to know about the parts in the combo, however if you plan on reusing your old hard drive and dvd you don't need to buy anything else. The 3 missing parts that one would usually buy are the dvd, hard drive and gpu.

You do have to put the parts together though. Theres a great animated guide that i'll look for, or you caan search youtube for many videos. Might want to watch a few to see if youj think youre up to it.

Here it is http://www.pcityourself.com/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom