Audio in XP not working!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shughes19

Beta member
Hey guys got a really anoying problem that has been bugging me for 2 days now, I had to wipe and re-install XP on an eMachines 5260, reinstalled fine and installed all the drivers needed for audio/lan ect. Dev manager says that Realtek HD audio is installed and working, yet when ever i go to sound in cp it says no device.

I have tried everything, windows audio service is running, onboard audio is enabled in bios. Used different drivers, been to the intel site to find proper drivers that even doesnt work.

Specs are
Intel Desktop Board 915GAG (E210822) 915 Chipset
2.93Ghz Pentium 4
512MB mem

and should have HD audio onboard. But its just not working!

Any help would be appreciated :)

I am new to this forum so dont know if it was meant to be posted under hardware or audio :).

With Realtek, does it have it's own Control Center? Not through "Sound" in CP. There might be something turned off in there.

Thanks for the quick reply.
Yea i know it has its own mananger, but that doesnt even open when XP boots. The driver is installed and so is the Realtek manager, it detects it has the hardware but cannot use it. When you can choose the default device for audio in cp it just says "No Playback Device" and everything greyed out.

I cant even open the manager going directly to the shortcut in windows dir.

Its got me stumped.

Hmm, this happened after you updated the sound with the correct drivers? Did you try to uninstall it, and reinstall?

Yep tried uninstall and re-install countless times to no avail, ive tried old drivers, latest drivers, and the drivers for the motherboard from Intels own website. :S

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom