I got a PC-V1000

Status
Not open for further replies.
just that not everything turns out quite like you imagine it will
That's the best part :D A lot of history's most historicle inventions and ideas came from accidents. Dynamite by Mr. Nobel I believe was one of these things :D Safety glass...that was an accident too...someone left chemicals in a beaker and it hardened and they noticed it had glass like properties but would spiderweb like plastic :p

I'm gonna hopefully get the rest of the main parts by the end of the year, a 6800 GT, Athlon 64 3500+, 1GB Transcend PC4000 RAM and a Gigabyte K8NSNXP-939
after that I will get watercooling, 36GB WD Raptor or 2x20GB 7200RPM's in a Raid 0, I will get 2x200GB drives for all my files and use my 160GB drive on the leech box
when I get watercooling I will see if I can get the Athlon up to 3GHZ, and the 6800 to 450/1400

one of the managers at McDonalds upgraded to a P4 3.0, Radeon 9200 SE, Gigabyte motherboard, 256MB PC3200 RAM, and a new case (pretty cheap upgrade)
he didn't put all the parts in right, so I fixed it for him, and now I'm probbably going to buy the rest of his old stuff for $100, which is a 700MZ P3 system (now without a hard drive) and after I get my main box I will use that one as a leech box

I never heard the term leech box, what is that?

That sounds like a killer system! I gotta compliment on how you're planning all of this out too.

Personally I don't like Gigabyte as a board manufacturer...you'd be better off with ABit or MSI, but i'm partial to them and it's your choice :)

Also Musjunk, I'm just taking a guess here, but I'm thinking by leech box he just means a secondary computer that'll contain his downloads and such files as that...that are 'obtained'...or perhaps making it into a server

Gigabyte, Asus, and Abit are all my favourite motherboard manufacturers

a leech box is just a basic computer for file sharing on LAN's and/or the internet, I may run F@H on it when I'm not leeching from it, or maybe at the same time. although I might also run F@H on the 3500+ which should have plenty of spare time at 3GHZ even while playing Doom 3

I was thinking, I have a whole bunch of red LED's which I can stick in, they fit perfectly in the little holes. what do you think?
I can get a little power box that goes into a molex connector, and run all the lights off that, prolly connecting them all serially
do you think 12v would be suitable for them?

it's design is very different from other cases, the PSU goes at the bottom, the motherboard is upside-down, there are separate places for the hard drives, the quality is above all other cases I've seen, there is lots of space, and the cooling is very good

I was thinking, I have a whole bunch of red LED's which I can stick in, they fit perfectly in the little holes. what do you think?
I can get a little power box that goes into a molex connector, and run all the lights off that, prolly connecting them all serially
do you think 12v would be suitable for them?
Depends on the LED's my man...if you're going to do something like that then I hope you know electricity quite well :D It's real easy to fry those LED's so without the proper power based on what they are rated for and the proper resistors and circuitry hook up then either they won't light up, or will fry rather quickly...every LED has it's power rating on it and you gotta supply them accordingly. Good luck with that ;)

What's so special about that case? Why is it so expensive?

Well I think a lot of it you are paying for the name....Lian-Li is reknowned for quality cases, but this one is a little too pricey for something IMO isn't that great. It has wheels on the bottom which they probably upped the price because of that, it doesn't even have the Slideable motherboard tray which was probably one of the best features I've seen out of Lian-Li cases. Depending on your setup the location of the PSU and motherboard might be a problem (not in apokolipses though obviously :p ), but I think it's dumb to charge up the butt because they decided to put the PSU at the bottom and the motherboard is upside down, I don't really consider that arguementative information, nor is 'seperate places for the hard drive' the only things I'd consider that go into the case itself is the quality of the case, space, and how efficient it cools....which still all in all I don't think should be no freaking $225, $250 however much it was.

The case looks so ugly (IMO). :D
I would put in as many lights and stuff as possible to make it look better. Maybe you should paint it too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom