Problem with Power Supply in my new-build - Urgent

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh yha.... gfet the video card off it!

I'd leave as little on the gpu as possible. Fans and drives are okay.

Yha you might have popped the circuit. Read up on it from the manuf. site

I hope you was not mixing both power supplies, you should never do this unless you know what you are doing. If you want, jump the green wire on the 20/24 pin plug to a black wire and see if the PSU even turns on, and check the voltages with a multimeter.

Aspire and Coolmax are both well-known as substandard power supplies. The specifications they list are unreliable and not to be trusted. Both of those power supplies would likely be rated at 250-300 watts by a more reliable manufacturer. You get what you pay for, when you buy a 500 watt power supply that has a 250 watt price tag on it your just asking for problems.

So after a day or so, the 450W PSU apparently works but the 500W did not revive itself. I am currently using the 450W with my new build with close to 6 fans w/LEDs and everything.

I'm not sure how many ampss the coolmax has, I've seem a report of 15A on the 12V, which is crappy. Just where your specs can run.

Does the Aspire have a switch on the back? If it does flick it off for a day, then retry. You've tripped the internal safetys and they need to reset.. like the Coolmax did.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom