Gaming Desktop Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

SirMoobs

Beta member
Hello. In a few weeks I am going to be receiving financial aid money from my college and I need a new computer. The computer I currently have is a piece of junk that barely handles my online school work. So, I'm needing to buy a new one. My price range is $400-600. I'm looking for a desktop PC that game also run new PC games. I am badly wanting to play WoW and also other games like Black Ops and Final Fantasy 14.

My problem is I know nothing about PC gaming. I realize that with my budget I won't be able to buy a top of the line gaming desktop. However, I'm mainly looking for a desktop that can run those games easily. Not necessarily on max settings but on medium settings at least. I can't build a PC and I don't know anyone that can so that is out of the question.

I'm hoping someone on here could direct me to a solid PC that can run those games. I'm also hoping that if the PC doesn't come with a dedicated graphics card someone could direct me to a good graphics card. I also prefer the computer come with a monitor instead of having to buy one. I realize WoW doesn't have huge requirements but Final Fantasy 14 does from what I've been told.

If anyone could help a PC noob out that would be awesome! :p

In that price range finding a prebuilt ,much less with a monitor, that can play games is NOT going to happen. Especially since FF14 hands a big ole bag of graphical rape to most machines.

I'm going to, of course, say build your own. Now ANYONE can build their own before you say you can't read into this -> http://www.pcityourself.com/

Building one is very straightforward and MUCH MUCH CHEAPER!!!! and we will gladly help you!

If you are open to building your own,
I think that either we can find something without a new monitor for now and you can save up for one. OR We can try a whole build in that budget but it'll be VERY limited in gaming power.

All in all I think some money needs to be saved. ;)

Hey SirMoobs,

I just build a decent gaming computer for 650 bucks off of newegg.com. It runs Black-Ops, Crysis, Mafia 2 just fine. If you need any info on what you need to build a pc just give me a holler!

I can suggest a good build for 600 dollars. That will not include the monitor, keyboard, mouse, or speakers. Although you can get a good set of externalities for around 150 dollars. So, if you can salvage the monitor and stuff, 600 dollars will build a good rig capable of maxing pretty much anything thrown at it.

No, I don't want to build a PC. I'm afraid that even with help from others that I would inevitably mess something up. Me building a PC would be the equivalent of letting a monkey fix a car. What about buying a used gaming PC off of Ebay or some sort of local sales place? I understand that I wouldn't have any sort of warranty but $600 is the absolute most I can spend. Does anyone know of any reputable business that sells used desktops?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom