Is my graphics card bad?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does the computer beep? Did you plug in the cpu fan? Did you use the stand-offs behind the motherboard? Do all the stand-off's line up with the holes in the motherboard? There are holes on the motherboard tray that are for use with different form factors, if you use the wrong ones the motherboard will short out.

Double check all your cables.

Did you use a guide to help you assemble the PC?
The animated guide to Building a PC. Learn to build a PC from scratch with PCitYourself!

After looking at your parts the power supply stands out as a very poor choice. A 1100w power supply made by a unreliable manufacturer is an unreliable power supply regardless of the wattage claims. You would of been better off buying a High-Quality 650 watt power supply.

Does the computer beep? Did you plug in the cpu fan? Did you use the stand-offs behind the motherboard? Do all the stand-off's line up with the holes in the motherboard? There are holes on the motherboard tray that are for use with different form factors, if you use the wrong ones the motherboard will short out.

Double check all your cables.

Did you use a guide to help you assemble the PC?
The animated guide to Building a PC. Learn to build a PC from scratch with PCitYourself!

After looking at your parts the power supply stands out as a very poor choice. A 1100w power supply made by a unreliable manufacturer is an unreliable power supply regardless of the wattage claims. You would of been better off buying a High-Quality 650 watt power supply.

No the computer doesn't beep (we couldn't figure out why). Yes the cpu fan is plugged in. Yes the stand-offs were used and are correct. My buddy who is helping me build this who's worked on multiple computers even tried the video card on this working computer, and we got the same response (no picture on monitor)(I'm already using the same video card slot on this comp... we just swapped the cards)

I took the tower to my IT - Essentials class LOL. The teacher and other students after about an hour figured out that my ram was in the second set of dual channel slots and that it had to be in the first ones (it was in the 2 black slots not the 2 blue 1's if you refer to picture)

So problem is solved!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom