Acer Am1610-U1202A Cooling problem(I think)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Radical

Beta member
Hey guys,

I was wondering if I could get a little advice. My Acer tower shorted out a couple weeks ago, so I changed out the power supply. the inside of the tower was a little dusty, but I have heard if I blow it out, I could cause more shorts. So I removed the graphics card(its fan wasn't fully running) and the internal fan, cleaned them and so far have only put the internal fan back in. Now when ever it runs multiple websites, applications, or any other proccess I hear a loud schreeching kind of noise and my SpeedFan application shows the tempature rising. It usually gets somewhere around 90 degrees before it shuts it self down. Has this happened to anyone before? what are my options here?

Btw I am running a Intel Pentium D Proccessor

Thank you for your time in advance!!

Radical

Get HWMonitor and post a screenshot or tell us the temps.

Are you running on a stock heatsink? Did you clean the fan as well as the fins on the heatsink? Compressed air should not harm your system. You might want to reapply some thermal paste.

I am not exactly sure how to put a print screen in to this thread so I will just list off the components.

THRM value = 77C High = 96C
SYST value = 39C High = 39C
TMPN0 value = 67C High = 91C
TMPN1 value = 39C High = 39C
TMPN2 value = 23C High = 23C

Yes everything is stock inside except for the graphics card, that I haven't put back in yet. I will try what you said today and let you know how it went.

Thank you for your help! I didn't even think about the thermal paste!

Radical

It doesn't show your processor temps?

To print a screenshot, press the "prnt scrn" button above your delete, end, home keys. Go into paint and paste it (ctrl + v). Then upload it to an image host like tinypic.com

3150b9c.jpg

Again,Thank you.

I have the exact same problem, down to the screeching and model of computer. I can even boot into BIOS and watch the CPU temp reach it its max threshold and shutdown.

It is a cooling issue

In my case the CPU fan is broke, it rotates intermittently. I got to this forum by trying to search for a replacement fan.

I wouldn't over think this...

Exact same issue... well, somewhat. PSU fried and replaced, but since, I have noticed the intermittent "screeching" sound. However, I have yet to notice it overheating. Overall, the system still runs fine. (will try some new thermal paste just to be safe though)

As far as the CPU cooling fan only running intermittently... isn't that a setting in the BIOS to run it like that? (As opposed to running ALL the time)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom