Hard Drives

Status
Not open for further replies.

iceyc0ld

In Runtime
Hey guys so been recording and uploading to youtube lately and I recently built this PC with a 1 .5 tb hard drive and oh my does fraps eat up gigabytes !!! I have uploaded 4 videos and they are all together 153 GB

So I have a question, say I get a second hard drive, and I install fraps on it will I see a lot less lag in my games ? Also, if I want to put the second drive internal, will I HAVE to put it in RAID? Can't I just have it inside like an external hard drive with no Raid ?

And if I do go external are there any like 300-600 GB external's that are 7200 rpms but cheap?

RAID is not necessary for multiple drives. Running fraps on a second drive might help, I'm not really sure...I would think it would at least help some being that screen recorders need to write files quickly and constantly...perhaps try an SSD with fraps on it?

Suggestion: You might consider trying xfire video recording for games...it doesn't have a watermark on the video and I think it has better quality...but that's my opinion.

I don't see how that can be true...cache stores information before it gets written to the drive...so larger cache would mean more frames can be stored at a time which would raise the performance of Fraps. How can it have no influence?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom