My first "Mod"

Status
Not open for further replies.
The other day I was trying to fit a 3x5.25" bay fan and was trying to get the **** cooler master tool-less mounts off, sure aren't easy, and then springs flying all over the place certainly didn't help.

Them Tool-less things are junk, and a pain. It's kinda something you have to do a few times to get down. I helped paint the inside of a old HAF 932 that was silver inside so i knew how to do it. But let me get some light tomorrow and i'll post a "How To" on both for ya :)

you should paint the cooler master logo on the hdd bay covers black. just to break up the blue. I personally thought just the blue logo looked killer.

If i could achieve the quality i'm after i so would. The Lack of contrast is something i was aware of when painting them all blue. But the imperfections just bugged the crap outta' me.

What might look cool is if you take off the old blue paint (turps will do it), then fill in the 'cooler master' logo with blue-tak (just the indented 'cooler master' writing) and fill in the trough around the logo too. Then put a bit of scotch tape over the front of the drive, and cut out the shape of the logo using the trough as a guide. Spray the thing blue, then remove the tape and the blue-tak. It'll be neat around the edges because of the trough, and the cooler master logo writing will be more readable.

A thought... use a very thin black pant and "stain" the logo imprint. You could even use a watercolor to do it. I've worked on ceramic figurines and staining is a very common practice on them to make them look antique, but it can be used to bring out the contrast of minute details as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom