question about cpu-z

Status
Not open for further replies.

bew556

Baseband Member
I have corsair 3200 c2 that has clock speed of 2.5, 3, 3, 6(I think). I took a screenshot in cpu-z that shows the clock speeds at 3, 3, 3, 8. Why does it show this?

edit: also why does it show frequency at 200mhz?

Our friend Nubius would better answer this but I believe its cuz its dual channel (2x200). the other numbers....well....

u wrote its showing 3338, while it is showing 3336. only 0.5 difference in CAS latency. what made u worried?

are you on AMD Processor? also with version 1.24, there is another program packed specifically for the memory latency. check that out.

Frequency @ 200 means that your RAM is PC3200 DDR, isnt it? and as its DDR, that makes it 200X2 = 400 in actual

also check the SPD tab , it will show the latencies @ different Frequencies.

jaksback I don't believe my mobo is dual channel, if you look at my first pic notice it says channel#=single. Also i was looking at this pic and its where I got 3,3,3,8...

Attachments

• 001.jpg
    61.6 KB · Views: 62
The Speed of your memory is 400mhz overall but since it is DDR (Double Data Rate) its really 200 X 2 hence the 200mhz actual speed.

As for your CAS timings being 2.5-3-3-6 and showing up in CPU-z as 3-3-3-8 I think maybe the program doesn't read any settings at .5? I'm not sure :p

is it really corsair? strange thing it is showing, I remember that CPU-ID shows problems in reading Corsair RAM's, as well many Motherboard BIOS.

else mine's showing everything

Clip.jpg

Clip_2.jpg

Many motherboards will not set the latencies to what the module was rated at. 3200C2 is often set at 2.5-3-3-8 by default. Corsair rated the 3200C2 at
2.5-3-3-6 on AMD when the external clock was set to 200 Mhz (PC3200).

Raising the tRAS value to 8 (2.5-3-3-8) while keeping the command rate at two cycles will provide the most stability when overclocking the module to 220 Mhz.

Many motherboards will not set the latencies to what the module was rated at. 3200C2 is often set at 2.5-3-3-8 by default. Corsair rated the 3200C2 at
2.5-3-3-6 on AMD when the external clock was set to 200 Mhz (PC3200).

Raising the tRAS value to 8 (2.5-3-3-8) while keeping the command rate at two cycles will provide the most stability when overclocking the module to 220 Mhz.
Dernit ag3! He beat me to it. There is a 'Plug-n-Frag' Model of Corsair XMS where it's supposed to default to the lower latencies automatically, but yes the normal sticks of Corsair XMS you have to go in and manually set the timings.

No, you're not overclocking the RAM if you're setting it to the latencies it's rated to run at.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom