wireless dongle drop out URGENT

Status
Not open for further replies.

windy7

Beta member
Hi there im new here hello,

i have a really strange problem an wonder if anyone can help me.

Built a new tower system for someone, been going great so far untill he bought a canon photo negitive scanner, hes has a netgear wireless dongle, the problem is that everytime he uses his scanner the netgear wireless dongle disconnectes and i also beleive that the usb port closes down aswel, he will then need to disconnect the scanner and reconnect the usb netgear dongle to reconnect to the internet.

Would i be correct in thinking its a usb power issue or psu issue, or an environmental location problem ie interferance??

or is it something else?

Please help me been annoying keep saying i have no answers for him.
Thank you so much

Wouldn't be a PSU problem. Does he have the correct drivers for his Wireless adapter and the scanner? Is the scanner wireless?

I don't really know much about this kind of stuff, but I had a similar problem with my router reseting whenever I turned on Black Ops, and it turned out that the game was shoving 1gb/s through a 100mb/s router so I just set my motherboard LAN limit to 10mb/s and it fixed the problem. Perhaps the scanner is doing the same thing to the dogle??? (In which case it probably needs updated drivers?)

Like I said...I don't know much about this kind of thing, but I thought I'd add my experience in there...it might help..? :)

hey hey thanks people for replies,
I gave him the updated drivers, the scanner and printer are wired no network caperbilities on them.
and ive told him to change usb ports, he hasnt got back to me yet so il let him know and get back to you guys thank you so much

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom