desktop dont start properly

Status
Not open for further replies.

Compuskill_IT

Solid State Member
I've got a custom build computer at home. i've had it for 2 years now and suddenly whenever i turn the computer on the screen doesn't start with the computer.
The screen defiantly works, just not on the computer. does anyone know what could be causing this?
i am gonna assume its the graphs card but i dont wanna buy a new one to find i am wrong

Does it eventually turn on? You said it doesn't start with the computer.

Do you hear the rest of the computer start up? fans go on, hear a single beep?

Do you hear any beep codes? Does everything powerup/spin like MoM said?

I would start out by trying and taking out all expansion cards, and leave only 1 stick of RAM in. Disconnect all hard drives and optical drives as well. Also, do you have onboard graphics you can test?

I would also look into how long your warranty is on all your components; maybe you can RMA some of them if they turn out to be faulty.

i have completly stripped the system and rebuild in every possable way. this motherboard does not have intergrated graphics, just an attachment for the board so i've started with and without the card mounted. everything starts, beeps, lights flash etc but the screen just never comes on. this is the 2nd computer that i've had that has done this. i am not sure if there is an onboard graphics test as the screen does not even come on for the BIOS

Try resetting BIOS. Turn off the system. Take the watch battery out for a few minutes. Put it back in, and try again to boot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom