Radeon 5850

Status
Not open for further replies.

flipp1234567

In Runtime
im Thinking of Crossfiring my existing video card, the ATI Radeon 5850 with another 5850. but since i am a noobier person than i should be, im wondering if it is Wise to crossfire a regular XFX ATI Radeon 5850, with an XFX ATI Radeon 5850 Black EDition?

You can do that just fine...however, I wouldn't waste $30 to get a black edition card that just has slightly faster speeds ...isn't the core clock like 30 mhz faster and the memory about 500 mhz or something like that..? It just isn't worth it to me especially since two 5850's will already give you great performance..you probably wouldn't notice a difference between black edition and a normal card..

i dont really know how to overclock the video cards themselves... since i have some error codes that happen when i try to access the Bios. thank god theres a physical overclock on the motherboard for the CPU. but whatever. ill just get the regular.

The problem with a physical overclock (in my experience with a MSI mobo) is that they jack up the voltage to get you a quick and dirty overclock, if you overclock the CPU yourself, you get a much cleaner and efficient overclock.
Also, overclocking a video card is dead simple. Try downloading a program such as MSI Afterburner and we can help you with overclocking from there.

really? i didnt know that. i have the MSI 890FXA-GD70 AM3 AMD 890FX SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX AMD Motherboard. if that matters. i really hope that it doesnt just jack up the voltage... that... would be bad... unless i want to do somethin obnoxious like 8Ghz, but i wont. lol.

anyway. ill try it out. its downloaded already. i dont wanna mess it up so ill just wait for a response.

Yeah, a regular 5850 will do you fine....should get great performance too....enjoy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom