Data Recovery

Status
Not open for further replies.

Big Poppa Pump

Beta member
Slaving this hard drive to recover data.

BIOS sees the drive, but windows doesn't.

Booting in safe mode, windows doesn't see the drive.

Booting in normal mode takes an extremely long time and whenever it finally loads to the desktop, my computer just hangs on anything I click.

Side note, if I turn off, then turn on my PC, the slave hard drive doesn't get recognized in BIOS. I have to change the sata cable to a different sata port on the motherboard for it to be recognized again.

Any ideas? Help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

I downloaded ubuntu, which was about 700MB. Is this it? Do I need to just burn this and boot from it?

If not, can you provide me with a link please?

Thanks again.

Just download it, burn it, boot with it.

1. If you're using a CD: Put the Ubuntu CD into the CD/DVD-drive and restart the computer. You should see a welcome screen prompting you to choose your language and giving you the option to install Ubuntu or try it from the CD.
If you don't get this menu, read the booting From the CD guide for more information.

I got the hard drive back into the original machine.

I am booting off the cd. I have 2 options....

1. Try ubuntu, which I can. Looked around but can't find any info from the hard drive. Looks like it's just reading off the cd.

2. Install ubuntu, which I can't. Error is fsyncing/closing/dev/sda

Should I slave this hard drive back in my machine, install ubuntu alongside of windows and go from there?

You do NOT have to install to use it. If it does not show your drive in Places -> Computer, then your drive is toast.

The only thing that shows up in Places -> Computer is File System

System -> Administration -> Disk Utility shows info about the Hard Drive

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom