Looking for a Gaming computer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eest97

Solid State Member
Hey guys and girls,

I'm looking to buy a gaming computer. I have a budget of 1000 USD. I don't know much of anything about computers. If you could please give me tips on what to buy or explain what all this computer lingo means, that would be great. I would like to get a laptop for the mobility but I wouldn't be opposed to a desktop. I also wouldn't be opposed to building my own computer, but again I just don't know what to buy. PLEASE HELP!!!

Thanks in advance.

Eest.

Do you live by a fry's eletronics? if not I'm sure you can order it from their website but heres a suggestion for your video card.

GTX 460 768MB - 109$ after mail in rebate

FRYS.com | GALAXYTECH

Great graphics card, especially for the price and if anything you can buy two of them and SLI for about the same price of a ati 6870.

Can you list the games that you plan to play, the monitor resolution you will be using, and the game quality you would like the games to run at? (for example wanting to play Crysis on low settings).

You cannot get a good gaming laptop for less than $1,000. You could have Newegg.com - MSI GT660-003US NoteBook Intel Core i7 740QM(1.73GHz) 16" 6GB Memory 500GB HDD 7200rpm DVD Super Multi NVIDIA GeForce GTX 285M but it's sold out. :p

Most comparable gaming laptops are around this price Newegg.com - MSI GX660R-060US NoteBook Intel Core i7 740QM(1.73GHz) 15.6" 6GB Memory 640GB HDD 7200rpm BD Combo ATI Mobility Radeon HD 5870 Broadway XT so if you only have $1,000...I'd plan on getting a desktop.

The games I would like to run I don't think are super intensive. I want to be able to play League of Legends, Minecraft, Gunz:The Duel, Warcraft III, Perfect World. If I could play these games without lag I would be happy. So maybe I don't need a full fledged "gaming computer" for these games I don't know. Let me know what you think I should do. Thanks for the help.

Eest

Hey guys I found this laptop do you think it would do what I wanted it to do? (See above post)

Operating System - Genuine Windows® 7 Home Premium, 64bit
Processor - New 2010 Intel® Core™ i5-460M (2.53Ghz / 3M)
Memory + HDD - 4GB DDR3 Shared Dual Channel Memory + 500GB 5400RPM HDD
Video Card - 1G ATI Mobility Radeonâ„¢ HD5470
Network Card - Integrated 10/100 Network Card

I deleted your other thread on this subject, more than one thread on the same subject just causes confusion. I also moved this to Laptops and Notebooks since it appears that is what your wanting.

alienware m111x. others might have other suggestions but im loving my m11x. id go with an r2 with 4gb ram should come to about 1000$. will play all those games and more at maxed settings.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom