wanted some suggestions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jaysin

Baseband Member
So i am trying to put something togeather, and have a question I pray someone can answer. I need to know what's a good mobo i can use with, AMD Phenom II X4 955 Black Edition Quad Core, that also supports SLI.
Also, can i run just one card atm or must i have two, trying to spread out my lil check and going to buy the second card later. Any and all suggestions appreciated. And i know we all have diff opinions so please stay nice with the post.
Thanks

If you want to run two Nvidia cards then you will need a SLI board (Nvidia chipset). If you want to run two ATI/AMD cards you will need a CrossfireX board.

Since it is an AMD processor I would recommend Crossfire as AMD's chipsets are great. but, if you already have an Nvidia card or have your heart set on one, then go with this one.

Oh, and you aren't too terribly far away from me as I am NE of Chatt-town.

Not really "set" on SLI, just heard its more user friendly. Last pc i built was before "00" so.... kinda outta the loop, u no life, wife, and kids- it happens. But now i am able to get bac into gaming sum and want something i can upgrade instead of forking out INSANE amounts for a so-so pc i will replace in 2-3 yrs. I saw in another thread on here, somewhere, that the top ATI card was a 5 series n not a 6 series, less i totally miss read the list, 5 was on top tho, is that still tru?

thank you all for ur post. Got more research to do now..lol Which card in the 6 series, gonna crossfire them, so not worried bout the tip top, gotta save some for my 2 yr old daughter n wife =) probably gonna go the way of mmos, Rift n Tera when it comes out. Again ty for all the input, i got 10yrs to catch up on.yay!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom