Multiple terminal (input) system?

Status
Not open for further replies.

drazuam

Beta member
To be honest, I don't know much of what I'm talking about, but I hope I can explain this well enough.

Basically, I want to run two "computers" off of one tower. I want them to function just like individual systems, but share processing, memory, etc. I'm going to have a good enough system to do this, since one of the terminals(?) would only be used for basic word processing and internet.

The main thing that makes this different is that I want a mouse and keyboard for each terminal(?), and I can't seem to find anything related to this subject on a decent google search. I think I can allocate around $300 of my budget for this terminal for whatever would be needed.

So is there anything out there that anyone has heard of that would help me in this situation? Any advice is warmly thanked =3

Won't happen. The computer can/will only use 1 mouse and 1 keyboard at a time.

You can get a KVM switch, and use multiple monitors, keyboards and mice, but at a different time, and it will all be running from the same Windows installation.

(Say you're using it to play games, but want to do a quick internet search, so you switch to a different mouse and keyboard, you'll still be playing the game, just with a different mouse and keyboard setup...)

You can also do a dual boot, although, don't really think this is what you're wanting, 'cause you'll have to restart your computer every time you want to do word processing or internet activities after gaming or working on the computer.

so if i get this right you want one computer to run two os's with seperate inputs for each....you could possibly run a virtualization program in a dual monitor setup ...as for dual input i have seen some software that will allow multiple inputs on one machine but i have never used them and am not sure if they would work with vm ware or virtual box.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom