Corsair Hydro on a graphics card?? thought?

Status
Not open for further replies.

xyikie

Solid State Member
okay i know this may come out to be a really stupid question but would it be possible to hook the
Corsair
Hydro H50 CPU
Liquid Cooler

to any graphics card? i know its meant for a CPU but i was just thinking....cuz if its possible im totally going to be doing that :)

If you can fabricate your own retention system it could work. But don't forget you also need to cool the memory and Voltage Regulator Circuitry.

Couldn't you just use the stick on fins that come with most aftermart gpu coolers?

Gpus don't usually cool more than the actual gpu.

You could easily get a gpu block and plum it in... though I doubt the rad is large enough to cool that much heat.

you can cool the memory and voltage regulator circuitry with small ramsinks if the cooling head doesn't interfere. And you might be able to custom modify the ramsinks with a dremel for those tight spots and smaller voltage circuitry chips. What kind of video card is it?

well i dont have a specific one in mind yet, but i was thinking just cause if i ever wanted to overclock it past what is recommended then that would have been an idea of doing...but i dont think ive be that skilled to custom build something so that it would work out right. id love to see someone create something like that though if i couldnt do it myself

Good luck figuring a way to get the H50 water block/pump to fit underneath the card, facing up, and with enough slack to put the rad somewhere useful.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom