New Computer Build Startup Problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

leonardmp92

Daemon Poster
Hello,

Just built machine below. When I hit the power button, it turns on, but never boots. I usually have to hit the reset button about 4-5 times to get it to boot.

It shuts down no problem.

I check the wiring on the panel, I connected all startup and reset buttons properly.

What could it be?

Thank you.

GPU is 890X, it has 4 settings, one is PCI...should I pick that one? I still have to hit the reset button about 4 times to get the computer to start, then it works fine, but seems to lose the BIOS settings everytime. CMOS battery maybe dead?

If you are using onboard graphics, then you should not need to change an option in the BIOS.
Take out all but one stick of RAM from your computer while it is powered OFF.
Only add or remove RAM while the computer is powered off.
Try booting with that one stick of RAM, if that works, then add one more stick of RAM. Keep adding RAM until you get some sort of error, when you get an error, the RAM may be bad. Put the RAM that caused the computer to error into a different RAM slot. If another slow solves the problem, then a slot on the motherboard is bad, if this does not solve the problem, then the stick of RAM is bad.
If you cycle RAM and get no errors, then the problem is not the RAM and it is time to troubleshoot something else.

Thanks for your reply. Problem is, I dont get an error, it just doesnt boot up into the OS, just stay on, no Post beep or anything. I have to "restart" it many times. I will try to remove sticks of RAM though now, and will post back.

I shifted around the sticks of RAM, it never booted up until I had it placed in the same configuration as I had before. I entered the BIOS and enabled the Core unlocker and changed the boot sequence (again...it seems to change every time I have to go thru the hard shutdown). This is bothering me...should I take back the mobo/cpu and get a replacement?

well, if you moved them around and it didn't work till it was back the way it was, sounds like bad ram or both, did you do it as single chips only like was proposed? if you run all of them single(one stick only) in one bus and they all work then its not the ram,

I have 4 slots, put one in each of them and restarted, but the BIOS never even came up. I honestly dont think it is the RAM, the RAM always seemed to check out ok, it was the BIOS that I couldnt get to work...sometimes it would go to the BIOS, sometimes it wouldnt, sometimes it would unlock 2 cores, sometimes 3, etc. Although the right thing to do would be to take back 1 item at a time and get replaced, I dont have the time, I think I might take back all 3 (CPU, mobo, and RAM) to get replaced. Unless you all see something I'm overlooking...I just gotta think it's something w/ the BIOS settings...

so i looked into some of the reviews of your mobo on newegg seems like there are more than a few complaints about non compatible memory the board bluescreening and not even posting your best bet would be to send the board back and try another or find your self a new board...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom