Upgrading current build

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stevo808

In Runtime
I always been running intel but i want to give amd a try for gaming, plus my budget is around $350 and amd is cheaper for upgrading my current build.

Current Build
CPU: Intel core 2 duo 3.0ghz
RAM: 6GB crucial
Video card: ATI Radeon 4650
PSU: 450watt

Upgrade List: Newegg.com - AMD Phenom II X4 955 Black Edition Deneb 3.2GHz 4 x 512KB L2 Cache 6MB L3 Cache Socket AM3 125W Quad-Core Processor HDZ955FBGMBOX

Newegg.com - XFX HD-577A-ZNFC Radeon HD 5770 (Juniper XT) 1GB 128-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 2.1 x16 HDCP Ready CrossFireX Support Video Card

Newegg.com - ASUS M4A785-M AM3/AM2+/AM2 AMD 785G HDMI Micro ATX AMD Motherboard

I want to play crysis 2 and current games on high settings with no lagg or frames skipping. Will this upgrade be efficient for high end gaming? Any advice would be great, thanks as always!

High stevo, i have both the 955 (oc to 3.8) and two asus 5770 in a build i made a while back. One 5770 is suitable for gaming. One suggestion i have would be to go to an atx motherboard over an micro just in case you decide you would like to run crossfire or sli down the road. Asrock (in my opinion) makes very good boards at a decent price and are good overclockers. I hope this helps

High stevo, i have both the 955 (oc to 3.8) and two asus 5770 in a build i made a while back. One 5770 is suitable for gaming. One suggestion i have would be to go to an atx motherboard over an micro just in case you decide you would like to run crossfire or sli down the road. Asrock (in my opinion) makes very good boards at a decent price and are good overclockers. I hope this helps

The option of full-ATX or Micro-ATX board will depend on the case in use. Not all cases can accept the Full-ATX design...

I have a 4870, a tad faster than a 5770, just without the DX11, and I can run games on high, and be fine, as long as they're more GPU dependent (as I have a dual core). With a quad core, and the 5770, you should be fine.

Spend the extra $11 now, and get the GTX 460 here : Newegg.com - Galaxy 60XMH6HS3HMW GeForce GTX 460 (Fermi) GC 768MB 192-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready SLI Support Video Card

After rebate, it's only $108. GREAT DEAL!

Thanks guys for the info, i might even just get the video by itself and see the performance with my current setup. I have extra ram laying around as well that i could swap in, parts get cheaper as time goes by anyways.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom