Hardware Problem No sound

Status
Not open for further replies.

CoxyCG

Beta member
Hi Im new to these forums and after searching the web for answers I cannot come accross one that will solve my current delima, my problem being I have no sound.

Ive got reason to believe that it is a hardware problem as my speakers work fine with other devices such as MP3 players and so on, I have onboard sound and im uptodate with my drivers. It may be a fault with my motherboard but im not sure and Im just trying to narrow down what it is thats causing this issue.

Ive checked the device manager and It tells me that there is no problem with my sound devices, Ive checked cables inside PC to make sure they are all connected, aswell as cables on the outside of my PC.

In my sound > playback devices window it says that my speakers are not plugged in when they are, Ive tried everything i can think off but with no hope. When i click on the sound icon on the taskbar the green bar even moves up and do to show that there is sound avaliable but there is no sound coming out.

I just dont understand what exactly is going on, the problem came up yesterday after swapping round some ram, but I dont see how this could have affected my sound, maybe I disloged a cabble slightly or something, but I have gone in and made sure that everything is securely plugged into where it should be.

I hope someone out there can help me. Any help would be much appreciated Thanks

Need to no more about my system just ask.

-------------

Operating System: Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit (6.1, Build 7600) (7600.win7_rtm.090713-1255)
BIOS: BIOS Date: 09/04/09 16:20:35 Ver: 08.00.14
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Duo CPU E7400 @ 2.80GHz (2 CPUs), ~2.8GHz
Memory: 4096MB RAM
Graphics Card: ATI Radeon HD 4800 Series

If it's onboard, there are no wires.

Did this work before? What have you installed since? What board do you have?

(You might want to edit your sig. RTM serials are now blocked after KB971033.)

Im not 100% sure what my board is but i think Its an Asus ill have to find out for you, and well Yea my sound was working fine until i changed my ram around and the only thing I have installed is drivers from the Realtek site which didnt help at all.

Im thinking that maybe when swapping the ram around i might have screwed up my sound or something but I have no Idea what the problem is.

Opps ill keep a note of that for future posts cheers.

SOLVED For some reason out of no where the realtek Audio manager popped up and asked me to configure my audio :S so no idea why it wasnt working wierd but after configuring some things in the audio manager it worked. thanks for the help MindoverMaster.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom