HDMI to Sony 40 inch drops constantly

Status
Not open for further replies.

ohGrFreak

ID.10T
Okay, I had this setup working flawlessly for what seems like forever, until recently. It runs like this: DVI to my main monitor, an Acer 24 inch, and my HDMI to my 40 inch Sony Bravia (using Duplicate display option). Now the Sony Bravia keeps going blank although the computer can still "detect" it (verified in "screen resolution" menu). I unplug the HDMI cable from the back of the computer and you can hear the audible tone that means a device has been plugged in or unplugged, good, another verification that the computer can "see" the TV.

Now to fix the issue of the TV going blank, I usually either have to unplug and replug the HDMI cable, or if that fails, reboot the computer. These have stopped working. I know I have proper drivers, because of my trials and tribulations before have whittled down the drivers to my current 9 series catalyst drivers.

But this has all stopped as of today. No signal EXCEPT upon boot up I can see POST on the TV and main monitor, until windows loads, then bye bye TV display.

Specs are:
Quad core Xeon 3220 (correct, this CPU is NOT installed on a server board)
Radeon 4650 (funny windows states drivers at 8.56.1 and Everest states 8.15, wonder where my 9 series drivers ran away too)
2 gig memory
DirectX 9.0c
Gigabyte EP43-DS3L mobo
Windows 7 32 bit, can't remember what edition of the billion versions though

If anyone can point me to a better config that will let me run both monitors duplicate simultaneously or have a better driver suggestion, thanks in advance! All I know for drivers is that if windows updates them automatically, then the entire functionality of HDMI gets thrown away completely.

By the way, the info in my sig is not correct, I do have a 4650, not the 8600 GT like my sig suggests. Future reference, MSI doesnt solder on their capacitors very well on their video cards, lol.

Sigh, alright, I have the audio portion solved, I ended up getting the earliest 11 series drivers for that. But... the HDMI audio WAS working when the previous drivers were working, but I assumed (something you shouldn't do in the tech world) that once I got the video portion working again, the audio would just work as well. I was wrong. Normally I would right click on the speaker icon and make HDMI audio default and enabled, but now it states that the HDMI audio device is not plugged in, most likely meaning I have re-download the HDMI audio driver seperately from the graphics drivers. Unfortunately I cannot remember where I grabbed these from last time, and I'm most likely staring right at them on ATI/AMD website but I'm just not finding them.

So now my request is can anyone point me to ATI's latest (or at least "best") AUDIO drivers for a Radeon HD 4650? Will an old version of HDMI audio drivers interfere with the new-ish video drivers? I mean, they do use the same hardware device after all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom