Help Building Computer

Status
Not open for further replies.

ncantara

Solid State Member
So my budget is around $600-$1000 and I'm looking to have the best computer I can possibly have graphics wise as well as performance for multi-tasking. I think reasonably I'm looking at a motherboard that supports at least 16 gb of RAM but only want to start off with 4 or 8 to save on money. I play a lot of online games so I need a solid graphics card. There is so much out there that I'm not sure what to pick and what is good anymore, but I can build the computer given all the parts. Is crossfire necessary or is just 1 graphics card sufficient? Any help would be much appreciated, thanks.

Intel's Sandy Bridge cpu are faster than AMD, plus they can overclock like crazy even with just normal air cooling.

Your not going to find any motherboards for the Sandy Bridge until they release the fixed ones. The current ones were pulled off the market due to faulty sata II ports that degraded overtime making it unstable. If you look around, the faulty motherboards still can be found but it's your choice it you want to get or not.

Don't know how long your willing to wait but my guess is the new boards won't be readily available until mid-March to April.

I'm not too sure about that psu, maybe pick from corsair or antec might be better.

Ok time is on my side anyways. Currently running a quad core PC with 8 gb of memory, so a new one is not a necessity, just want one since I feel mine is outdated. I'll wait around till April then to see about the new Sandy Bridge CPUs. Do you have a forum link to monitor the status of this release? I'll be sure to check out corsair's power supplies as well, thanks for the advice.

Sorry, I don't know of any sites to monitor the status... I just search around to find bits of information on it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom