System32 help IMMEDIATELY!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oldensoul

Solid State Member
Alright, so well here's the story of my stupidity

I was bored and I downloaded apparently a hacked version of Halo 2, and my girlfriend was over so I was distracted by her trying to install it. It told me to put an mf.dll into my System's 32 file, and so I did but not before backing up the original one, and after that was done it said to go back and click on the System32 folder and do "Switch user" or whatever it was, I didn't know what that meant, and when doing that it came up with the command prompt saying physical memory dump. and that completed and then when Halo didn't work I just deleted it and reswitched the dll files in the system32 folder. It was working fine for hours - Until I restarted my computer. It would come to the login screen, I'd put in my information, and a blue screen with a lot of error text will pop up, and my system would restart automatically. And then I tried reformatting my computer completely erasing everything - that didn't work. Even tried taking out the batter inside the computer to erase the BIOS or whatever, that didn't work. How do you fix a computer that can't even get to the desktop screen? PLEASE HELP! I don't know what to do and I'm at my wits end, the computer is a Gateway FX and is only 6 months years old, and it was well over 1000 dollars and for me that's a lot of money. So any help is appreciated!

RMA it. It is still under warranty? Call up Gateway, or now owned by HP.

Never buy that crap. It does more harm than good.

No it's not under warranty I believe. And do you by chance no a phone number to reach?

I did just contact Geek Squad through the internet, and they said that my problem could not be fixed through instruction that I'd have to schedule an appointment with a local Geek Squad building. I don't know though. I don't really have any money to throw around so still looking for another method. :/

I have a question: If I were to try to use the 1 year warranty, would this be an allowable accident to be covered by it? It says a lot of things not allowed, but doesn't show what IS. So would messing around in the System32 folder be cause for not having the warranty valid?

Does it boot into safe mode? Can you take a picture when the blue screen flashes to see what it actually says?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom