What is needed to make a 3-D capable PC?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well there ya go ;) considering the cost of a decently spec'd 3D monitor (and decently sized too), I'd consider a projector well worth the extra money. But yeah, if space is a problem then you're kinda limited to a monitor I guess

I don't know if anyone is still paying attention to this thread but what would be good specs for a monitor. Like what setting causes ghosting? Is it refresh rate, response time? Like what should I look for in a monitor?

I guess I can figure it out when the times come to buy one but it would be nice to know ahead of time.

Thanks.

Ghosting is basically when the image meant for one eye is seen by the other. Usually most noticeable in high contrast scenes. Some people recommend reducing the gamma to help get rid of it.
With a 3D monitor you're going to get a 120Hz refresh rate, response time isn't anything to do with ghosting (just how often the monitor changes the image its displaying with an updated one from your PC).
Really I'm not too sure on this subject, my projector doesn't have any issues with it so I'll leave this one for someone else to have a say. I know someone on here has a 3D-vision setup with monitors, can't remember who though.

Well earlier in this thread kmanmx had said something about having 3-D, maybe it's him your thinking of.

So ghosting would be more of an issue of the timing between the glasses and the monitor not syncing right?

Thanks for all the help. Unless I win the $1,000,000 sweepstakes I entered and expand my room so I can use a projector I will probably just get a monitor. Hopefully I have a good experience with this build and it doesn't scar me for life.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom