Motherboard Manual for Acer Aspire L5100

Status
Not open for further replies.

juice702

Beta member
Hi there! New to the site and figured I'd ask here. I'm scheduled for a mobo replacement tomorrow for an Acer Aspire L5100. Usually this is not a problem but the client claims after some other guy replaced his board, the sound no longer works. So now he has a new board coming in and I'm to replace it, hopefully correcting the sound issue.

I am wondering if the previous guy who put the board in accidentally forgot to connect something on the board. I'm quite new to the hardware side of things and acquiring as much knowledge as I can and would definitely appreciate the wisdom anyone could offer!

I should also add that Acer support is terrible! I got onto chat with an Acer employee who informed me that motherboard manuals are not provided online because it is not recommended a user do such a thing! He then told me I could purchase a manual from Best Buy or Staples. Shouldn't this information be free?
/rant

Thanks!

Nothing needs to be connected to make the sound work off an onboard sound card unless we're talking about the front aux ports so that's not the issue. I'm going to say the drivers need to be reinstalled.

No, Acer doesn't need to supply you anything as far as a maintenance manual because they assume since you're buying prebuilt you don't have the knowledge to repair it on your own and any attempt will void the warranty if it is existent. So why provide a manual on how to void the warranty?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom