Upgrading RAM

Status
Not open for further replies.

zero_impossible

Beta member
I currently have 1gb of memory installed in one ram slot. If i were to purchase a 2gb memory stick and put it in the slot beside it would it work, or does each slot only support up to a max of 1gb?
Additionally, I noticed that on my motherboard there are two extra spots to add a memory slot. The D1MM1 and D1MM2 have slots and the D1MM1 has 1gb of ram in it. The D1MM2 slot has no memory, and the D1MM3 ad D1MM4 don't even have slots to add the memory. Is it possible to add slots onto the mother board in these parts?
Thanks

You can only put 2 memory sticks if you only have 2 slots. There is no way to add more memory slots (DIMM3 and DIMM4)...The labels here are probably for a different version of the same board that will have 4 memory slots.

Without knowing exactly what motherboard your have I can't say for certain on the max size support per memory slot.

My motherboard model is mcp61sm2ma-rs2h. I looked at the manual, and oddly it says that the motherboard should have four built it slots--but that probably is so, as the manual is written for two other similar versions. Anyways, though I was still not able to find the maximum capacity of each slot, so i still don't know if a 2gb ram stick would work.
Any help is appreciated.
Thanks

Your motherboard can support PC2-6400, PC2-5300 DDR2 SDRAM 1GB ram.

Is the highest that a pc2 3200 type of memory supports 1gb of ram?
I think there is ram that is 4GB at the pc2 3200 speeds.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom