Issues with HD5850 - no display!

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheBluePanther

Beta member
Hi guys,

I've upgraded to a new Powercolor HD5850. However, after properly installing the GPU I'm getting nothing on my display.

Specs –
- Q6600 @ stock
- 4.0GB DDR2 G.skill PI @ 1066MHz
- Asus P5Q Pro (latest bios)
- Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit
- PSU – Thermaltake Toughpower Qfan 750W
- GPU – Powercolor HD5850 (formerly 2xHD4850 CFX)

My PSU handles my CFX setup up perfectly.

What I've done so far-
1.) Use both PCIE slots
2.) Upgrade to newest drivers
3.) Downgraded to older drivers

Note – I booted up to Windows with a HD4850 on slot 1 and the HD5850 on slot 2. Via this method the HD5850 shows up on my device manager. Also the card seems to be running and the fan is working.

Any help would be much appreciated. I've really been saving up for a DX11 card for ages.

Thanks in advance,
Marc.

When you get a new GFX, you need to delete the drivers of the older card. Put your old card in. Get Driversweeper. Uninstall drivers from programs and features, restart in safe mode. Run Driversweeper, delete previous drivers. Shut down, put new card in.

If you only have the 5850 installed, can you even see the post screen when the system starts up or does the display go off when windows starts loading?

Hey guys,

Thanks for the help. I've tried Driversweep and then installed the latest drivers - still not working.

Brinks - "When you get a new GFX, you need to delete the drivers of the older card. Put your old card in. Get Driversweeper. Uninstall drivers from programs and features, restart in safe mode. Run Driversweeper, delete previous drivers. Shut down, put new card in.

I can not boot into windows using the HD5850 alone. I.e. my monitor is not receiving a signal from the GPU. I can only boot into windows (safe mode) with the HD5850 on slot 2 and my old card on slot 1.
I tested using another PSU – so can confirm its not the PSU.

I've also tried HDMI – no signal coming through to the monitor.

Please let me know if you have any suggestions. I'm quite desperate atm.

Thanks again for your help,
Marc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom