looking for input on build

Status
Not open for further replies.

thedeadite

Beta member
I'm new to this so was looking for some input on my choices for a build.

CPU - AMD Phenom II 1100T
Buy the AMD Phenom II 1100T Black Edition Six Core CPU at TigerDirect.ca

MOBO - Gigabyte GA-880GM-D2H AMD 880G
Buy the Gigabyte GA-880GM-D2H Socket AM3 Motherboard at TigerDirect.ca

RAM - Corsair CMX4GX3M2A1333C8 XMS3 4GB Dual Channel DDR3 RAM
Buy the Corsair XMS3 4GB Dual Channel DDR3 RAM at TigerDirect.ca

PSU - Cooler Master eXtreme Power Plus 500-Watt
Buy the Cooler Master 500W PSU Extreme Power Plus at TigerDirect.ca

HDD - Hitachi 0F10383 Deskstar 7K1000.C Hard Drive - 1TB, 3.5", 7200 RPM, SATA 3G, 32MB
Buy the Hitachi 0F10383 Deskstar 7K1000.C Hard Drive at TigerDirect.ca

Case (possibly) -
Buy the Apevia X-Plorer Mid-Tower Case at TigerDirect.ca

i have optical drives, monitor, and other peripherals already so no need.

Will this rig have any problems? does it seem decent??

Thanks for any help with this.

The 'green' hard drive would be a really bad idea considering the other parts youre putting into this. Go for the black edition.

the power supply could be better. I dont think cooler master is known for making great power supplys with the exception of their high end 1000W+ stuff. im partial to corsair myself. it would be too bad to spend all that money just to have it asploded by a bad psu.

It may also be a good idea to spend a bit more on a case. a little extra money will save a lot of cuts on your hands during assembly and it will be quality enough to last for several builds and more, depending on how quickly you upgrade. if you plan to game with that case and you use headphones, notice that it doesnt have a headphone jack in the front. my current case Buy the Cooler Master Storm Scout ATX Mid-T Blk Case at TigerDirect.ca is always what i recommend, unless you had your heart set on the fan speed control, which it lacks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom