blue font files

Status
Not open for further replies.

ITwannabee

In Runtime
can someone please explain what blue files are all about? i just went to windows folder and i just saw blue files. what do they mean?

the reason why i went to windows folder is because a mysterious file appeared on my c: drive. I wasn't allowed to delete the file, there was a window that popped up with an error saying that someone or a program is using that file etc. What i did was logged offline and closed all of the programs and then did a system restore to yesterday. After restoring to yesterday's file, the file that i couldn't delete was gone and i was going through my c: drive and sorted the dates to latest, i saw the windows folder modified today, and when i opened it, i saw a bunch of blue files.

Maybe i'm not making sense but obviously, i'm a noob in need of help. Please help me out and explain to me what's going on.

Thanks a bunch!!!

Does all the files say in the windows folder say something like "uninstall.....etc." in blue font?

Do they have titles like "$NtServicePackUninstall$" and "$NtUninstallQ819696$"?

Those are normally-hidden compressed Windows Service-Pack and Update installation files, which Windows uses for updating and uninstalling updates. Leave them alone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom