Drive Help...with XP

Status
Not open for further replies.

coolboy696

Baseband Member
:( Ok.....for about 3 months now I have been running my computer with no CD-rom drives detected.... ok from the start... My computer had the burning program of Record Now...but everytime I tried to load it it would but sit there...so after a couple of lik weeks...i desided to remove it... And thts exactly what I did. I went to add/remove programs and removed it.. Than I wanted to try to put it back in to see if it would work... I reinstalled it...and than on boot up it gave me a blue screen everytime... SO i booted the computer into safe mode and got rid of it... Than I restarted... and everything was back to more... but I had no drives present in my computer... and still today theres nothing... I thas in the hardware manager that there connect...but they have a missing or currpt driver... SO i tried to uninstall than and reinstall the drivers.. Still over and over it will say an error has occured and the device may not work.. and well it doesnt... I haver a cd-rw and a DVD-rw in it...both dont work... Im runiing Windows XP Pro. And really want them to work again... Any help to get them to workk again will be helpful....Thanx!

OK, let me try to help you:
You may need to install again the motherboard drivers of your PC . See what motherboard you have and then install it. INSTALL ONLY THE DRIVERS RECOMMENDED FOR YOUR MOBO.
You can also check the bios and manually find your CD and DVD rom.
In order to help you post your motherboard name?

Good luck!

several things here. It looks to me like the machine has some issues with the hardware in the system. Start by uninstall the CD/DVD drives and physically disconnect them from the system. Then runinstall the IDE channels that are being used for the CD/DVD drives. then reboot. let the system come up and install what it wants, then shutdown and add the CD/DVD drives back to the system. see if that helps.
If not, i would suggest checking system restore for any restorations point greater then 3 months back. This may pose a problem for you, but aside from that a rebuild might be the only solution left...

good luck

If u connect both cdrw & dvdrw in the same ide cable try to disconnect one by one to see whether windows can detect one of them. This may happen if one of the drives chain together may have problem. Good luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom