Graphics driver download PROBLEM

Status
Not open for further replies.

matt478

Beta member
I'm trying to load the ATI radeon 7000 driver on Win 98SE and KT600 board. The problem is after it starts the download off my disk it tells me "Display adapter not compatible with dislpay adapter installed on the system. Anyone got a clue?!

What drivers are you drying to install? I do know the 4.10s support the 7000, but are you uninstalling your old drivers before installing the new ones?

The message indicates that the display drivers that have been installed are not compatible with the video card.

Drivers

OK, the driver being used right now is a standard VGA driver. It was using the standard PCI VGA driver. The reason I changed it in display setup was because when attempting to load the driver off the disk and from Saphire (ATI) I would get the message "Setup was unable to complete installation. Try to setup your display adapter with a standard VGA driver before running Radeon setup." after I completed the change, that's when I received the compatibility message. In essence, yes, my driver is incompatible with the current setup. Is there a driver that I could install that might be compatible with the radeon 7000 or have I a big problem? By the way Radeon is absolutely NO help whatsoever. Thanks for any suggestions!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom