So I believe I have a hardware issue that I need help with.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Man something has went wrong at some point and not sure how. I never set power option to lock my computer after not using it for X amount of time. But every time today when I come into the room my computer is locked and I have to enter my password. So I went to the control panel to look at my power options and the icon for Power Options is gone!!!! Just a red X box there! WTF! And when I click it nothing happens!

Oh and if you haven't noticed from this post since this morning my computer has been up and running....dunno what the heck is up. Going to look for a w7 disc and do a fresh install on Sunday probably.

poweroptionicon.jpg

Thanks for the help...sorry I have been busy and haven't had a chance to troubleshoot further. I will try typing it in the search when i get home. If that doesn't work I will be figuring out how to get a disc so I can reinstall.

I reinstalled w7 so back to basics.

I still cannot understand why the following things just happened out of the blue:

-Power Options in Control Panel gone, not able to get to them no matter what.
-I've never set my computer to go to sleep and lock itself, yet one day it just started to do it
-When I went to get the serial numbers by right clicking on My Computer and going to properties it wouldn't work. It never popped up the window with the information! The day before it worked fine but I didn't write down the number. they day I wanted to do a reinstall it wouldn't work. I had to use a program to decrypt the serial from the registry.

I found a legal iso of windows 7 and when I went to burn it my burning program wouldn't launch! It was like every step I needing to take to reinstall or fix something was disabled. I had to download the iso on my mac and burn it from there. I've never had such a crazy issue happen to me.

That is what I thought but AVG didn't pick anything up. I don't even use the computer that much so don't know what I could have done lately that would have installed one. Are there time stamped viruses out there? You install something and it doesn't do anything for so many days?? idk...

So here I am again with my computer not working again. My computer will just freeze up after booting up and this happens regardless of which OS I boot up. I have w7 and XP on two different HDD.

Now my w7 OS will not boot at all. I get to the Hardware Monitor screen and it just sits there.

Computer worked fine since my last post in late Feb this year and now it's back to acting up. Wish I could figure this out

Edit: So I got XP to boot again and when I thought it was froze up last time I may be wrong. Turns out the mouse was just not working. So I moved it to another usb port and it installed and worked for 3 seconds and the froze up again. I tried this again in another port and same thing happened. Could my PSU being going out? Not sure if this means anything but my GPU is very hot too, basically to hot to touch...

Any suggestions?

Turn off your computer for half an hour then turn it on. Leaving your computer on - 24/7 - especially if not in sleep mode, will ruin your hard drive, ram, video card, psu, mainboard etc.. eventually. Is there any reason that you do leave it on? You know that you can sync your phone with your computer so that any messages will show in your phone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom