Hard Drive cables?

Status
Not open for further replies.
hmmm, i think it should have 1 for the floppy, 1 for the HDD and one for CD-ROM. Looks to me like there are 3, put the floppy in it's slot and then the cdrom i think should go in the black one and hd in the last.

You might want to verify this, i dont want to mess up your pc.

on the lower left side of the pic of the mobo, there are 2 more EIDE ports in Red color. prolly signifying there for the raid array. i havnt used raid... so im not shur if u can use those ports with raid disabled. or if thy have to be used in Raid? i imagine the mobo manual that came with it should say.

yea i tryed doig some of that stuff we did it different ways with diferent bios settings and it dosen't seem to work

It should be in ur manual like jolancer said.
Anyways, as far as I know 80connector cables have a blue connector at the motherboard wich makes me think you should use the blue connector on ur motherboard for both HD and Cd-rom. Its better to use 2 seperate IDE channels for both devices though. There should also be IDE0 and IDE1 written on ur motherboard. Plug the cabls in and connect the HD and CD-rom to the last connectors of the cables.

Some motherboards say IDE-1 and IDE-2 mine does infact...however in the BIOS I do indeed set the boot device as HDD-0

Generally yes the end of the cable that goes into the motherboard is colored blue and also the major is correct in saying it's best to put your HD's on one IDE and your CD-Roms on another.

The blue on the motherboard is your only IDE Though so it looks like you have to put a HD and CD-Rom on the same IDE Cable making the HD master and CD-Rom a slave. It says that it has onboard IDE RAID so yes I'm also assuming that's what the red ports are which offer RAID 0, 1 and 0+1 and if you've never read up on RAID installations then I suggest you do as it's not a simple read a paragraph real quick and your done sort of set up.

A normal board would have 2 IDE and one Floppy but you've chosen a more advanced board featuring the newer things like PCI-E, SATA, and RAID, so they figure you are going to be either putting in SATA Drives or setting up a RAID Configuration.

I say try putting the Hard drive in whatever red slot is labeled the lowest number meaning if it says 0 and 1 then choose 0 and if it says slot 1 or slot 2 choose 1 ya know? Then plug the CD-Rom into the blue IDE and floppy as you normally would

well i tryed different ways and i manage to load both hd and cd room, but now the problem seem to be with installing windows, it says something like,

error windows has found a critical error and that it has to do with the hd or the ide controler or something like that, this is when the system is verly booting from cd.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom